Fahrenheit Guild Forums
September 22, 2014, 05:11:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: View the Guild News and Front Page to remind yourself that our site is slightly more than the forums, and the EQDKP Database is still up and running even though we aren't using it right now. 
Facebook and Steam groups are active -- look for "Fahrenheit Gaming"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: LSU vs Bama! KABOOM!  (Read 12607 times)
DrunkCajun
Former Guild Master
Supreme Post Whore

Drunk Points: +10014/-34

Toshiba? I lost a friend on that beach.

« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2011, 03:36:08 PM »

Looks like I'll be attending #1 vs #3.  Didn't see that coming.

Bacchanalian/Maenad/Cadienne/Provoleta--Former Guild Leader
Welcome to EVE. If you aren't busy finding some way to injure or at least mildly inconvenience another player, you have a lot of catching up to do.
Todd
Administrator
Supreme Post Whore

Drunk Points: +37/-40

NSFW

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:04 PM »

Looks like I'll be attending #1 vs #3.  Didn't see that coming.
Nice, how'd you manage that?

DrunkCajun
Former Guild Master
Supreme Post Whore

« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2011, 03:19:58 PM »

Nice, how'd you manage that?

Dad got us tickets earlier in the season as a surprise for the day after Thanksgiving.  We're leaving Houston 5 or so Friday morning to drive over to Baton Rouge.  Cheesy

EDIT:  50 yard line, 3rd row.  Look for me on TV wearing my purple Mathieu jersey!

Welcome to EVE. If you aren't busy finding some way to injure or at least mildly inconvenience another player, you have a lot of catching up to do.
Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Drunk Points: +19/-19

Established 1979

« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2011, 11:03:45 AM »

I think we're headed for a rematch. OSU needed VT and Stanford to lose, in order to solidify the "anyone but Bama" bloc of BCS voters. I don't think OSU can jump us even with a huge win over lackluster OU.

OSU/OU --> Fiesta Bowl vs Houston

Power, time, gravity, love. The forces that really kick ass are all invisible.
DrunkCajun
Former Guild Master
Supreme Post Whore

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:16 PM »

Sadly, I agree.

Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2011, 01:08:48 PM »

So, If Bama and LSU go to the BCSCG, who goes to the Sugar Bowl, assuming LSU beats UGA?

EDIT: I think Michigan would be a good pick for the Sugar Bowl. They have awesome fans who love to hit the road. New Year in NOLA is tempting for anyone.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 01:12:00 PM by Jack » Logged

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

Drunk Points: +7/-2

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2011, 08:04:09 PM »

LSU should make the title game even if they get beat by Georgia and yes it looks like a rematch with Bama.  I heard an interesting story on Saturday that if 'Bama beats LSU in a rematch and the game is close, the AP voters still may pick LSU as their champs (LSU would have to beat Georgia) and Alabama would win the BCS title.  To bad they couldn't just cancel the title game, it sucks for LSU that they have to play another game and play a team they already beat after that.  What a schedule they've played and beat all comers.  I'm not a huge LSU fan but they've been earning it this year.

After watching Va. Tech a couple of times recently, it would be interesting to see them play LSU.

Ohio State and Michigan was a great game this weekend. 

If Barkley comes back, USC should be ranked between 1-3 next year.  Man that team is good, and very young.  I like how they beat the shit out of a team that may play in a BCS game.  What a joke Pac 10.

EDIT: I think Michigan would be a good pick for the Sugar Bowl. They have awesome fans who love to hit the road. New Year in NOLA is tempting for anyone.

Michigan doesn't' qualify for a BCS game yet (ranked 16).  They need a few of things to happen to get into the top 14.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:22:20 PM by DarthYoda » Logged

"graras ti ti tgwe jerb mah frand." -cecilx 7/12/08

but it's harder to tank and smoke a joint - Angel 1/12/11
DrunkCajun
Former Guild Master
Supreme Post Whore

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2011, 01:09:21 AM »

So, If Bama and LSU go to the BCSCG, who goes to the Sugar Bowl, assuming LSU beats UGA?

Stanford vs Houston

Todd
Administrator
Supreme Post Whore

NSFW

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2011, 09:25:22 AM »

Arkansas will receive the biggest shaft I have ever seen, by not getting a BCS bowl.

Gotta love the ole BCS only allowing 2 teams per conference.

I think that if OSU loses to OU, that we *might* still get into an at-large bid.  Not sure.

Right now the at-large bids will (probably) be taken by: Houston, Stanford, and Boise State.  Once you clear out the automatic bids from the rest of the top 12-4, that really only leaves OSU and maybe a lackluster Big 10 school.

I'd rather just beat OU and get in outright, but just thinking of possibilities.

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2011, 10:48:22 AM »

Arkansas will receive the biggest shaft I have ever seen, by not getting a BCS bowl.

Right now the at-large bids will (probably) be taken by: Houston, Stanford, and Boise State. 

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think Boise State can get an at-large bid because Houston will get the non BCS conference at large.  but look at the bright side, you get to watch a Big East team play!!

The entire BCS system sucks.  I totally agree with you on Arkansas. 

DrunkCajun
Former Guild Master
Supreme Post Whore

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2011, 12:56:16 PM »

Yeah, pretty sure Boise can't/won't get one.

Todd
Administrator
Supreme Post Whore

NSFW

« Reply #101 on: November 28, 2011, 02:09:25 PM »

Why can't they?  There are 4 (non-conference dependent) at large bids.

Once the auto-bids are taken, the at large bids can go to anyone else from my understanding.

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2011, 03:06:08 PM »

Why can't they?  There are 4 (non-conference dependent) at large bids.

Once the auto-bids are taken, the at large bids can go to anyone else from my understanding.

I stand corrected, it does look like they can be picked but very unlikely.  What Boise State needs is a lot of SEC teams to finish in the top 14.  Houston got the auto bid, but it will be hard for a BSC bowl to take them over a Michigan (if the qualify) which would look possible if Georgia gets their ass handed to them by LSU.

So what this system has given us this year is a SEC title game that means NOTHING.  A title rematch of teams that have already played, a very good Arkansas team that can't play in a BCS game, a team playing for a spot in the BCS that fired their coach because his team sucked, a team coming out of a conference that might have 5 losses or at best a team that is ranked 23rd in the BCS, and a possible champion that didn't even win their conference or conference division.

I have an interesting question that I can't find the answer to.  How does the BCS work if Georgia beats LSU?  Georgia gets the auto bid but you can't have three teams from one conference?

Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2011, 03:51:17 PM »

I have an interesting question that I can't find the answer to.  How does the BCS work if Georgia beats LSU?  Georgia gets the auto bid but you can't have three teams from one conference?

According to ESPN:

Despite the two-teams-per-conference rule in the BCS, the SEC could make history if Georgia were to beat LSU. If it isn't a blowout, Alabama would likely move to No. 1 in the standings and LSU would drop to just second. Georgia would then get the automatic bid to the Allstate Sugar Bowl as the SEC representative. That would leave Alabama and LSU in the national title game.

I can only imagine what SEC commissioner Mike Slive is privately rooting for.

JohnnyJoe
Former Officer
Post Whore

Drunk Points: +25/-26

Happily Retired

« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2011, 05:13:46 PM »

3 SEC teams in the BCS is what we all deserve.  I hope they disband the BCS, and crown the SEC Champ the Mythical National Champion going forward.

Oklahoma State has a slight chance of saving us all of the pillow fight rematch, but unfortunately Bama owns a lobby that Ok State could never challenge.  There is no chance in hell, even if we beat OU by 50.

Live every week like it's Shark Week.
Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2011, 05:27:34 PM »

I think OSU has an outside chance, but they need a very strong performance. OU's loss to Baylor hurt OSU bad. The bye week hurt them as well. Obviously, ISU hurt them the worst. The Big 12 was really strong this year, the strongest conference IMO, but unfortunately their good teams lost to bad teams when you needed those good teams needed to lose to each other. That doesn't look good to coaches and sportswriters. Even the computers are divided (4 for OSU, 2 for Bama).

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:18 PM »

I think OSU has an outside chance, but they need a very strong performance. OU's loss to Baylor hurt OSU bad. The bye week hurt them as well. Obviously, ISU hurt them the worst. The Big 12 was really strong this year, the strongest conference IMO, but unfortunately their good teams lost to bad teams when you needed those good teams needed to lose to each other. That doesn't look good to coaches and sportswriters. Even the computers are divided (4 for OSU, 2 for Bama).

Agree with Jack on everything he said.  The computers like OSU and they are the strongest conference.

If they beat OK big, you might be surprised by many voters changing their vote.  If Georgia beats LSU that will also hurt 'Bama in the computer rankings.. but the computer rankings isn't where OSU will need the help.

I personally would like to see either Va. tech (no shot) or OSU play LSU over 'Bama.  It bugs me that a 'Bama losses at home and gets another shot... and I'm a 'Bama fan.  The way this entire year has played out, I wonder if the BCS themselves even want a rematch knowing how bad this would be if 'Bama beats LSU.

BTW does anyone else think Craig James is the biggest idiot on TV.  Every time I watch him he says something that makes me  Facepalm.  He actually has an AP vote.

Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »

Bugs me too, D. I want Bama to win... but we already lost. We'll take a bite out of LSU's ass, but we had our shot in Tuscaloosa and blew it.

AeroJonesy
Former Officer
Supreme Post Whore

Drunk Points: +33/-39

Suing your pants off.

« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2011, 11:29:38 PM »

Circular reasoning and insular conference play was bound to lead to this. I'd be lying if I said I saw it coming, but in hindsight it looks so clear. Why's the SEC good? Because they are so highly ranked. Why are they so highly ranked? Because they are good.

Oklahoma State certainly has the better resume, but they lose because they aren't from the SEC. Yeah, they lost to Iowa State, but they had back-to-back road games on a short week (Saturday game, then Friday game). Alabama doesn't have any back-to-back road games all year, and no short weeks. Also, it seems common in the SEC to break up conference play with a cake game against a non-conference opponent. Another nice break that I don't see Oklahoma State getting.

Alabama is one of the worst oversigners too. The SEC is the worst offender in general, but oversigning is a discussion for another day.

Quote from: Jack
I got jumped last night by a gang of Scientologists armed with knives and bats. Thankfully, I was rescued by a fat guy in a Guy Fawkes mask who stank of Cheetos.
Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2011, 04:19:09 PM »

Les Miles mocking Twitter is pretty funny.

Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »

Need $75? You could perform anonymous oral sex on a stranger for pay or you could be a seat-filler at the Big 10 Championship Game. I know which one I'd prefer!

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »

LSU looked awesome.

OK State Looked awesome.

Houston.. we have a problem.

Todd
Administrator
Supreme Post Whore

NSFW

« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2011, 02:02:32 PM »

LSU looked awesome.
HALF of LSU looked awesome.

I wouldn't call zero 1st-half first downs (only 13 total), 1-9 on 3rd down, 30 yards passing, and 237 total anything close to awesome.

That said, their defense was spot on.  It's a shame some of those boys on defense can't play both ways.

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2011, 04:30:02 PM »

HALF of LSU looked awesome.

I wouldn't call zero 1st-half first downs (only 13 total), 1-9 on 3rd down, 30 yards passing, and 237 total anything close to awesome.

That said, their defense was spot on.  It's a shame some of those boys on defense can't play both ways.

They spanked a really good football team in typical LSU style, wear out your opponent and dominate the second half. 

After watching OK State, I hope they get a shot at them.. that would be a great game.  I don't think there were a lot of people who thought OK State would win that game.

Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2011, 04:32:24 PM »

Truly an epic beatdown. Obviously, I'm biased, but I wouldn't feel robbed if OSU goes over us. I've been watching OU football for years and can't remember such a drubbing.

DrunkCajun
Former Guild Master
Supreme Post Whore

« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »

Welp, looks like a team that only beat 3 football teams that were over .500 will be playing against LSU in the most unanticipated rematch in the history of college football.

DarthYoda
Former Officer
Post Whore

« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:47 PM »

Welp, looks like a team that only beat 3 football teams that were over .500 will be playing against LSU in the most unanticipated rematch in the history of college football.

I seen that and I was shocked

Disaster for the BSC imo, not only the title game but Va Tech after the beat down they took?  I was shocked when I seen that game announced.   Clemson and W. Virginia?  I know they qualify but ffs really...

Let's see if T Boone Pickens keeps his promise.

Jack
Former Officer
Master Post Whore

Established 1979

« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2011, 09:11:38 PM »

Yeah. We're terrible. We're the only team that came within a cunt hair of beating you this season and now we've got another chance. Have a merry Christmas because the Tide is going to shit in your cheerios come January.

Todd
Administrator
Supreme Post Whore

NSFW

« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2011, 09:55:34 PM »

Yeah. We're terrible. We're the only team that came within a cunt hair of beating you this season and now we've got another chance. Have a merry Christmas because the Tide is going to shit in your cheerios come January.

Shut up you ignorant twunt.  If you don't realize that the only reason Alabama is there is because of money, then you're more brain dead than your pot head hippie stereotype leads us to think.

I'm just sad that OSU ended up getting the tougher team (Stanford) for us, rather than playing against LSU.  I'm not looking forward to playing that offense and Andrew Luck.  That guy is a beast and can lead a team.  Not a shot against LSU, I just feel Stanford's style will be tougher for us than LSU would.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:01:27 PM by Todd » Logged

Todd
Administrator
Supreme Post Whore

NSFW

« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2011, 09:59:13 PM »

In other news - two teams had a 18" huge black cock shoved up there ass.  I haven't seen two teams take it so deep by the giant cock that is the BCS as I have Arkansas and Kansas State.

Really?  Michigan gets the at large big over K-State?   And sadly, we all knew Arkansas was going to get screwed because of fucking retarded and poorly thought out BCS rules.

Might as well change the name of the Cotton Bowl to the "Took it in the Pooper" bowl.

Non BCS Bowl Game:
#6 vs #8

BCS Games:
#11 vs #14
#15 vs #23

THIS SYSTEM IS A FUCKING JOKE!  PLEASE GO AWAY AND DIE BCS!    This Is Sparta!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: